In 1957, the church relocated to its present location, 2400 Franklin St. N.E. and was renamed Second New St. Paul Baptist Church only because there was already a New St. Paul located within the city. Second New St Paul was purchased for the sum of $65,000.00. Truly the Lord has blessed the efforts of the Mission Church since 1923.
Due to illness, Pastor Cook resigned in July 1957, having dutifully served for 34 years, thus ending the great career of a great servant of God. Working and supporting the church with the same enthusiasm, as Pastor Cook, was the First Lady, Sister Hazel Cook. After Pastor Cook’s resignation, a special meeting was held, presided over by Pastor William Weaver of the New Mt. Olive Baptist Church. It was unanimously voted to call Rev. Edgar L. Williams, Sr. of Elizabeth City North Carolina as the next pastor.